Since its media arrival in late 2010, CoolSculpting by Zeltiq has taken the body-contouring world by storm. It’s non-invasive, cheaper than lipo, and is said to be almost painless. As it increased in popularity, CoolSculpting continues to gain media attention, but not everything about it gets mentioned on all the talk shows. Here’s a round up some some of the discoveries our community has made during their frolics with fat-freezing…original article realself.com
CoolSculpting in a new light:
- 7/10 people would do it again, according to the RealSelf Worth It Rating.
- “CoolSculpting is not a procedure to improve skin laxity.” – Dr. Leyda Bowes Meaning, if your skin is already saggy, it will not be improved. In fact, fat removal could make it more noticeable.
- It can be uncomfortable “ CoolSculpting by Zeltiq can be uncomfortable during the first 5 to 15 minutes when the vacuum grabs the skin and fat.” – Dr. Michael Persky
- It’s really a two hour procedure. It’s marketed to only be an hour, but that’s for “one area.” Each love handle is a separate area, and the lower abdomen counts as two. Who wants to be lopsided?
- Right after the procedure, the treated area will look like it’s got a stick of butter underneath, or as one RealSelf member wrote, “it looked like I had a 1lb piece of salmon under my skin…it was weird but they massaged it right down.”
- Only one treatment is needed to see 20-25% fat reduction in that area. But if you opt for more, doctors say you can see an additional 20-25% each time.
- Some patients don’t see success in round one, but find the “Second time’s a charm” to get visible results.
- Doctors and patients agree that “recovery”could involve a few days of soreness (“similar to the day after you’ve done a hard work out”), and lingering tingling in treated area (“pins and needles and bee stings were VERY uncomfortable”).
- Full results take an average of 2-3 months to show. Some people will show within weeks, some will take 4-6 months.
- It’s not a “license to eat.” If you gain weight, the remaining fat will get larger and lessen the results.” – Dr. Steven Weiner. Doctors recommend maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regime for lasting results.
Curious about CoolSculpting? Contact us in Old Greenwhich, CT for a complimentary consultation.