One of the most used cosmetic procedures in the world is removal of undesired hair from the body. Among these hair removal procedures the most efficient has been laser hair removal which removes hair from specific spots almost permanently. Other methods such as waxing, tweezing and shaving, etc. has to be done regularly to get rid of the undesired hair.
Laser hair removal is done by using highly concentrated light beams to penetrate into specific parts the skin and the hair follicles. Once this light is absorbed by the pigments present in the follicles, it destroys the root of the hair in the follicle which prevents hair growth. Different types of lasers have been developed for this purpose, but the most common are YAG and IPL (intense light sources).
Read original article here>>
Top 5 reasons why you should do laser hair removal are:
- Permanent – Laser hair removal is often seen as a permanent solution to get rid of undesired hair from different parts of the body. Although it does not guarantee complete removal forever, but it does slow down the hair growth rate by a notable mark.
- Safe – This method of laser hair removal is completely safe when done by a licensed or authorized professional. From a safety point of view, laser hair removal can be used to remove hair from any part of the body. It is recommended not to go for a laser hair removal near the eyes as there might be a potential injury risk.
- Cost – The cost of laser hair removal might seem a bit high at first, but in the long run it is a money saver too as the number of visits is cut down substantially. The other hair removal methods require regular visits and attention which incurs more money.
- Results – Although the results might vary from person to person, but the overall result for laser hair removal has been above average. It means that laser hair removal is the best and foremost method to get rid of unwanted hair from any part of the body without having to worry about side effects or rapid hair re-growth.
- After Effects – There are no negative long term after effects of laser hair removal other than the short term redness, swelling, etc., which can be managed by applying Vaseline and keeping the area moist. Although there are almost no after effects, it is best to consult a doctor before going through with the procedure.
Interested in laser hair removal in Greenwich? Contact us to schedule a consultation!