Original Article By Greenwich Medical Spa Staff.
The benefits of getting laser hair removal are many. From ditching the razor and avoiding bumps to being bikini ready at all times, laser hair removal offers a permanent solution to unwanted hair on nearly any part of the body or face. And as summer heats up, many of you may be considering having this liberating treatment. But all laser hair removal is not the same, and there are some important factors to consider before selecting a provider.
Here are the top 7 things to know before having laser hair removal:
- Technology – How successful and how painless your treatments will be has a lot to do with the equipment being used. Find out whether a provider uses the latest and greatest technology or is simply trying to make older equipment keep going.
- Experience – The number of laser hair removal treatments performed by a practice says a lot. Ask how long and for how many patients the provider has given laser hair removal treatments. You want the equipment to be new, but the experience should be long term.
- Professionalism – In addition to seeking a practice with significant laser hair removal experience, make sure the provider performing the treatment has the know-how and credentials to do so. In some states, like New York, aestheticians can perform laser hair removal. You want to feel comfortable with that aesthetician’s level of training and experience. Ask if there is also a doctor on staff at the practice. Just in case of burns or any injury, wouldn’t you like to have a medical professional on hand?
- Suitability – Consider whether you are a good candidate for laser hair removal. In most cases, this treatment works best on darker hair as light hair follicles are not affected by the laser. Additionally, some skin types are not a fit for laser hair removal. A good provider will assess your suitability and be honest enough to manage your expectations and even let you know if you are not a good candidate.
- Number of Treatments – Laser hair removal offers a permanent solution to unwanted hair, but it doesn’t happen overnight. This procedure requires a series of treatments spaced about a month apart, and it will be helpful for you to know in advance how many treatments you should expect to receive. Don’t hesitate to ask your provider up front so that you will not have surprises later.
- Timing – Like most lasers, those that remove hair can make skin temporarily sensitive. It is suggested that you avoid the sun a week before and after treatment. That means you will need to carefully plan your laser hair removal around your beach vacations.
- Price – Have you seen the latest laser hair removal discounts and deals? Some providers offer up to 70% off during the summer months. But is that really a good deal? And what does that offer include? Saving money by going to a provider with older equipment, less experience or unrealistic expectations can cost you a lot in the long run – from unsuccessful treatments to possible damage to your skin. Save money at the grocery store, but when it comes to medical aesthetic treatments, put the provider’s professionalism and experience first!
At Greenwich Medical Spa, we have successfully and safely performed laser hair removal for more than 14 years, which means we have significant experience. Throughout those years, we have kept up with the latest advances in technology and pride ourselves on using the best equipment available today. In Connecticut and even in New York, we only allow our nurse practitioners and physician assistants to perform laser hair removal – that means you can feel confident that your treatments will be handled by trained, experienced professionals every time.
Get in touch to start your carefree journey to getting rid of unwanted hair!
Learn More About Laser Hair Removal | Request a Consultation