Pre And Post-Care Treatment Instructions for Optimal Results
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FOLLOWING PATIENTS:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Patients with a hernia or history of hernia.
- Those with active disease states, a hemorrhagic disorder or are on anticoagulant treatments.
- Someone experiencing an active or local skin disease that may alter wound healing or someone who has an autoimmune disease.
- Patients with diabetes, epilepsy or bell’s palsy.
- To combat bruising, avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications for 7 days, such as: Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as St. John’s Wort, Omega-3 capsules, antihistamines, cold and cough remedies or high doses of Vitamin E supplements.
72 hours prior to treatment
- Discontinue the use of cleansing devices (e.g. Clarisonic) or any skincare containing tretinoin, retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), beta-hydroxy acids (BHA), benzoyl peroxide or any exfoliating agents.
24 hours prior to treatment
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Any sunburn to the area needs to be fully treated up to 24 hours before treatment.
- For patients prone to cold sores, an anti-viral medication must be taken 24 hours prior to treatment.
What to do right after treatment:
- Ice the treated area for 5 minutes. Any visible small bumps will absorb after 15 minutes.
- Use the muscle that has been injected frequently after your treatment to help move the BOTOX product.
What to expect:
- It may take 2 to 10 days for the treatment to take effect. It usually takes 2 weeks to see the nal result.
- Some tenderness, stinging, and slight bruising is normal at the treatment site(s).
What to avoid:
- Do not lay at for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise and general manipulation of the area for 24 hours following the treatment.
- Avoid extended sunlight exposure until redness or swelling has subsided. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or above if you will be exposed to the sun.
- Do not have a u shot for a minimum of 2 weeks after your treatment.
AFTERCARE SKINCARE REGIMEN
To enhance and maintain results:
- Cleanse: Use a gentle, soap-free cleanser like Arieed MD reFresh Cleanser.
- Moisturize: Apply a moisturizer and eye cream in the morning and evening. We recommend Arieed MD reDew Intensive Hyaluronic Moisturizer and Arieed MD Eye Cream.
- Protect: Every morning wear an antioxidant serum such as SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic and use SPF of 30 or above throughout the day.