We are currently seeking a full Time MEDICAL ASSISTANT for our Scarsdale location. GMS Medical Assistants are compassionate, hard-working, detail-oriented
individuals passionate about delivering five-star service to our patients.
Your primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepares treatment rooms and equipment at the beginning of the day and closes rooms down at the end of the day – making sure all equipment is turned
off, garbage is emptied, rooms are prepped for the next day.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit, obtains consents for treatments.
- Prepares patients for treatments by reporting patient history summary, drawing blood and applying numbing implements.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical record and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by reviewing pre and post treatment care instructions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with all federal and state
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Maintains all treatment rooms by ensuring linens are clean, trash is emptied, and rooms are always impeccably clean.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance,
and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
Experience/Requirements of the role:
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
Some of the services GMS provides:
- BOTOX & Dermal fillers
- Body Contouring
- Facial Services
- Laser Hair Removal
- Hair Restoration
- Skin Retexturing
What to Expect when you work for GMS:
- You will always work hard and sometimes long hours, but you will always be appreciated and respected.
- 5 day work week (approx. 40 hours), Saturdays a must
- Hours ranging from 9am – 7pm M-F, and 9-3 on Saturdays
- Employee allowance for services and skin care products
- Employee discount
- Paid Time off for holidays, vacation, sick days
- Company sponsored health, dental and life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance benefits
If you love everything you just read, we want to hear from you! Working at GMS is more than a job, it’s a passion, so we only want to hear from you if
you are serious about skin care and working with a dynamic team dedicated to elevating those around you.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be a great fit for GMS and why you NEED to be our next Medical Assistant
for immediate consideration. Please note, only candidates who submit the cover letter answering these two questions will be considered. We look forward
to hearing from you!