Pre And Post-Care Treatment Instructions for Optimal Results
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FOLLOWING PATIENTS:
✔ Those with active disease states, a hemorrhagic disorder or are on anticoagulant treatments.
✔ Patients with diabetes, epilepsy or bell’s palsy.
✔ Someone experiencing an active or local skin disease that may alter wound healing or someone who has an autoimmune disease.
– Previous surgical facelift
– Dermal fillers – 3 months or less
– Metal stents in the face/neck or directly on an
7 hours prior to treatment
✔ To combat bruising, avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as St. John’s Wort, Omega-3 capsules, antihistamines, cold and cough remedies or high doses of Vitamin E supplements.
24 hours prior to treatment and arriving for your treatment:
✔ Avoid prolonged sun exposure of the treatment area.
✔ Please arrive on time to numb and to take your medication. You will be numbing for approximately 1 hour. If you are taking medication, you will need a ride home.
AFTERCARE SKINCARE REGIMEN
To enhance and maintain results:
1. Stimulate collagen: Apply SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum every morning and evening to stimulate collagen reproduction.
2. Correct: Apply a daily corrective cream on the face and neck every morning and evening. We recommend Arieed MD reDew Intensive Hyaluronic Moisturizer and Alastin Restorative Neck Complex.
3. Protect: Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or above to protect your skin during periods of sun exposure.
What to expect immediately after the treatment:
✔ The treated area may appear a bit flushed but any redness should disappear within 48 hours.
✔ It is not uncommon to experience mild swelling for a few days. A sensation of tingling and tenderness to the touch may last up to 2 weeks but this is generally mild and temporary.
✔ You may also experience some welting that can last 24-48 hours to a week if we are treating fine lines and wrinkles in addition to skin laxity.
✔ Some tenderness, stinging and mild bruising is normal at the treatment site(s). Rarely, moderate bruising can occur and varies person to person.
What to avoid:
✔ You should not have any adverse effects and should be able to resume normal activities immediately, including normal diet and exercise programs, once symptoms have dissipated.