Pre & Post Care - Botox® | Greenwich | Westport CT
Are you interested in getting BOTOX® in Stamford, Greenwich or Fairfield Area? Please
check our extensive online resources: Botox, Botox FAQ, Botox Testimonials, Botox Pre and Post Care, Botox Blog Posts, and be sure to check our specials
page to see if we have any current Botox® Specials.
- BOTOX® treatments typically consist of several injections using a very small needle.
To minimize the chance of getting a bruise from your BOTOX® treatment, it is
recommended that you stay off medications and supplements that may thin the blood. Common examples of these are listed below. Consult your physician
before discontinuing any medications or supplements that have been prescribed or recommended for you for medical reasons.
|Supplement / Medication
||Stop # Days Prior to Procedure
|Aspirin or Aspirin Products
|Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, other NSAIDS
- Although many patients do not bruise after a BOTOX® treatment, if a bruise should
occur, it may be visible in the treated area for as long as 7-10 days. Make sure to consider this when selecting a date for your treatment.
- Other treatments, such as laser, Ultherapy, Eraser treatment, IPL,
microdermabrasion, and peels, should not be done on the same day as BOTOX®.
These treatments can stimulate blood flow or deliver heat to the skin which may promote bruising and reduce the effectiveness of BOTOX®.
- No massages, hats, heat or pressure to be applied to the treated area for 6 hours after the procedure. This includes no hot tubs, saunas, sweaty exercise
or lying down.
- It typically takes 2-3 days for BOTOX® to take effect and up to 14 days for the
full effect of the treatment to be established. Follow-up appointments are recommended 2 weeks after treatment.